In this caregiver spotlight episode, meet former family caregiver Beth Phillips from Pittsburgh, PA. Beth learned to not be so hard on herself while caring for her Aunt Linda, who had dementia, for 3 1/2 years and her husband for 8 weeks after he had a catastrophic injury at work. Beth and her immediate and extended family took ‘family caregiving’ to a whole new level by sharing the care and finding reliable helpers in their community.
Listen to the show: Caregiver Spotlight: Beth Phillips
Words of Encouragement
Each episode starts off with a few words of inspiration or motivation that is pulled from the Happy Healthy Caregiver Jar.
Links & Resources Mentioned
- Beth’s blog: Being Home. (I especially like her post called ‘The Stress of 24/7 Accountability of Caregiving’)
- Beth’s Twitter: @BeingHomeBlog
Favorite Moments & Quotes from this Caregiver Spotlight
Why Beth connected with Happy Healthy Caregiver (totally unsolicited! Thank you, Beth):
The caregiver space is riddled with depressing & heavy content & I just found you way different than all of the other resources when I was caregiving. – Beth Phillips
One of Beth’s bucket list items is to recreate this Washington D.C. trip and photo of herself with her mom and four brothers:
Stay in touch
- Instagram: HappyHealthyCaregiver
- Join the Happy Healthy Caregiver Facebook Group and our Facebook Page
- Twitter: @HHCaregiver
- Subscribe to the Happy Healthy Caregiver newsletter to stay up to date on the latest posts & events.
- Email me with questions or comments about the conversation with Beth.
The links on this page are Amazon affiliate links. When you click on a product and choose to purchase it, I receive a small thank you from Amazon which helps reimburse me for my blogging, podcast, & site expenses. There is no additional cost to you.